Just as in general surgery, eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty will certainly make you uncomfortable. after the operation, you may experience pain in the eye. So make sure you bring someone who can take you home. Also, ask someone to accompany you during the night after surgery. In addition to pain, you may also experience swelling and bruising in the area of the eyes, watery eyes, blurred vision, eyes sensitive to light, or eyelids numbness.
To deal with the pain and help to heal, you can do the things below:
– Compress your eyes using a cold towel to reduce the swelling.
– Clean your eyelids slowly, then use eye drops or ointments prescribed.
– Use sunglasses to protect the eyelid skin from the sun, dust, and wind.
– Avoid doing strenuous exercise, swimming, aerobics, jogging, heavy lifting, straining, rubbing eyes, smoking, or wearing contact lenses.
– Avoid drugs such as ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, and other drugs that may increase bleeding.